Credits to Kevin Sparrow Photography
We caught up with our fabulous Ambassador and Dressage Rider Becky Moody for a five minute catch-up on her loves, likes and David Tennant…
If you hadn’t been a rider which career path would you have taken?
- This is a really tough one – I’m so glad I knew exactly what I wanted to do when I left school! I love the great outdoors – I think wildlife photography would be quite high on my list, or something that was more beneficial to the world as a whole.
Do you have a nickname or used to and if so what was/is it and why?
- I don’t really have one, I just get a lot of ‘Moody? And are you?’ to which I reply YES!!
Are you addicted to anything?
- Diet coke.
Which guests dead or alive would you invite to a dinner party?
- This list changes a lot…. David Attenborough, Barak and Michelle Obama, Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, JK Rowling….. I could go on for quite a while!
Best piece of advice that anyone has ever given you?
- Believe in what you are doing and commit to it.
Best advice you have given or could give someone?
- One of the things I spend most of my life trying to do is to get people to believe in themselves - I think to be successful in anything you must believe you can do it.
Favourite meal and tipple?
- Tapas, and currently Rhubarb gin and lemonade. I’m not a fan of alcohol that tastes like alcohol! I can’t do wine of beer, so it’s either drinks that taste like pop or a hardcore short swiftly followed by a diet coke chaser!
If you could be invisible for the day what would you do?
- Possibly just people watch or maybe rob a bank, would depend how my bank statement was looking on that particular day….
What is your favourite programme and why?
- I love a good crime drama, like Happy Valley. But Tv is often about just getting away from it all - one of my all-time favourites shows is The West Wing, and I like to pretend that President Bartlett is actually the real President now. If only.
Your favourite film and why?
- Nope – can’t answer this – there are just too many, depends on what mood I’m in.
One of my dad’s favourite films is Monty Python – The Life of Brian, and watching that with him is one of the funniest film experiences you could have.
- David Tennant in Doctor Who. Or actually in anything to be fair.
What’s your top training tip?
- Use your corners! And believe in what you are doing.
Who do you most admire?
- My coach David Hunt for putting up with me for the last 16 years! And as for riders – Carl and Isabel Werth – for all the different and tricky horses they have trained to be top Grand Prix horses. And of course, Charlotte – for just being Charlotte, which is to say pretty flippin’ epic.
Last equestrian item you bought?
- Brushing boots for the horses to wear in the fields. Whoop!
What makes you cry?
- Depends what day it is! Most recently it was Little Women at the cinema. And before that a friend who was sad.
Who of what couldn't you live without?
- My family and friends.
Which horse (dead or alive) would you love to own and why?
- Many years ago I rode a shire/TB called Early Bird, I’d love to have him now, as I think he was a bit of a legend, and I’d like to see what we were able to do together now that I know so much more.
Finally tell us what makes Childéric so special?
- Everything! I love that they help me sit well without restricting me, and most importantly my horses love them too. With the range of models and different girthing systems, I am yet to find a horse that doesn’t feel significantly better in a childeric.
Also, I kinda love that I can colour co-ordinate the piping on my saddles to the piping on my jackets. Just saying!